Patent application: GB2515079
Fairfax developed this saddle with 2014 WEG team silver medallist Gareth Hughes who wanted a saddle that allowed him to feel a greater connection with his horse without restricting the ability to give the subtlest aids or make minute adjustments.
The Gareth Monoflap benefits from all the features common to every saddle in the Performance range (see design details below), plus the following performance-enhancing details:
- The seat is more ‘forward’ in order to precisely align the rider more ‘in’ over the horse’s centre of balance.
- The Unique design and placement of the billets gives the saddle fitter two adjustment options to fine-tune the fit to the horse’s shape and movement (see Girthing Options in the dropdown below).
- Three thicknesses of adjustable shoulder blocks allow the rider to sit squarely on a horse with asymmetrical shoulders while allowing the horse to move freely underneath, building up muscle without restriction. Simply use the thicker block on the side with less muscle (see Adjustable Shoulder Blocks in the dropdown below).
- A recess in the flap allows the riders’ upper leg to form a closer contact with the horse’s side without any uncomfortable rubbing.
- Surface mounted thigh blocks designed to give the rider enhanced support without restricting their position.
- Full grain calf leather for an instant pre-broken-in feel.
Patent app GB2505962 and Patent application: GB2515079. The weight-bearing part of the panel under the rider’s seat is separated from the part under the rider’s knee which lies over the horse’s shoulder, allowing the shoulder independence of movement. Scientific testing shows that this affords the horse improved limb extension, joint flexion and gait symmetry.
Changeable Gullet Bars
Seven changeable gullet bar width options, in half width fitting increments, allow the selection of the exact width for the horse’s profile. The saddle fitter can choose between seven width fittings to best suit the profile of the horse’s withers. The gullet bars can be changed quickly and easily as the horse develops or changes shape after time off
The wool panels are lined with a layer of Prolite® for proven pressure distribution, while still allowing for traditional re-flocking on site
British Wool Flocking
British wool provides superior softness and comfort for the horse. Each saddle has two flocking slots which make it easy for your saddle fitter to make quick fitting adjustments on site.