Care of your leather work is vitally important to the life of the item.
Modern leather work is not quite the same as the saddle you had 15 years ago.
The most important thing to remember is AVOID glycerine or oil based products on this modern leather work.
Here are some top tips to keep your bridles, saddles and girths in tip top condition.
- Apply Rapide Leathergel to all surfaces before using new tack for the first time.
- Use warm water to sponge away sweat and dirt after each use. A mild detergent can be added to the water.
- Dry thoroughly. If necessary, use a clean towel.
- When dry, apply Rapide Leathergel to all surfaces and rub in with a soft, clean cloth.
- NEVER use spray soap or glycerine or oil based products.
- Never use wet tack and don’t apply treatment products until the leather is thoroughly dry.
Rapide leather gel is developed especially to clean and feed modern leather.
It consists of mineral oils, water, carnauba wax and beeswax.
Without a doubt the best cleaning product for saddles, bridles and generally any leather work.